Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fleeting social life.

I highly suspect I may be codependent. I could google it and self-diagnose but I'm too busy laying in bed feeling sorry for myself because I lost all my friends because all I care about is my boyfriend. Basically, I suck. Oh well. Maybe I'll fix it this summer. (But probably not)

So I read something interesting today, on a site called Kensho (I stumbled it.) The post was called The Death Delusion and it really blew my mind. Not that it's all that hard to blow my mind. But still, the post was pretty cool. The guy that writes it basically spends the whole post proving that death doesn't exist, and we shouldn't be afraid of it. And his reasoning was pretty solid, in my opinion, but I'm a seventeen year old girl so my opinion doesn't hold much weight. (Which reminds me, I need to tell you about my interview with my mom...I'll get to that in a minute.) But basically he discusses how thoughts are just series of electricity, and that they are dependent on, but not limited to, the physical medium of the thinker's body, and that once you seperate the body and mind, the thoughts continue to exist, just not as a part of the body. He believes that death is not real to us, because we basically cannot experience it, since our experiences are relayed to us through senses, and our senses will not exist in death. That might not make any sense, but click the link up there and go check him out. It's a good read if you're in the mood for thinking.

Okay, the mom thing. So I had to interview my mom for school today about the 70s. I was kind of dreading it because, me being a teenager, talking to my mom is weird to me, especially about her high school life. But I thought some of the things she had to say were pretty cool. She talked a lot about music (duhh, it's the 70s.) and a little about the Vietnam War, but the thing that struck me most was what she had to say about rebellion and protests when I asked her. She was talking about how society tended to overlook young people, and how her generation was really concerned with making their voices heard, even when they were young. I can't decide if it's better now, since I don't really know what it was like to be a teenager back then, but I think I'm leaning toward a yes. I can usually enter an intelligent conversation without getting dirty looks. So mad props to my mom's gen for giving us that. Ha.

I'm making a batik in art tomorrow. I can't decide what to do. :[
Seven school days left.

Almost free <3

2 comments:

Jake said...

That Kensho thing was really interesting. Sorry you lost some friends. <3

Laurenn said...

<3