Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"You've got a smile so bright,

you know, you should have been a candle."


Our student body is truly incredible. Darick's memorial today and all the love and support that has been shown in his memory have been amazing to watch. It's bittersweet how much a tragedy like this can knit people together so tightly. I'm sure Darick would have loved it.
I've been thinking about his smile since I found out.
I truly regret that we weren't closer friends, and that we lost touch.
You never think about how much you take people for granted.
Darick had one of the brightest smiles of anyone I've ever known. It was always so genuine, raw happiness.
I didn't realize at the time how valuable it was. I wish I had. I wish I'd let him know how much he always brightened my day, even though we weren't so close. I wish we'd gotten to be close,
I send my love to his family, and to his girlfriend, and to his many other friends who are missing him.
<33
I really hope he's where he needs to be. And I hope all the pain he couldn't bear down here has left him. I hope he's smiling all the time now. If so, the pain we feel is completely worth it.

Balloon release for Darick; photo by Bree Burrell

I need a turn around. I'm starting to get that heavy feeling again.
Maybe summer will lighten my mood.
:/

No comments: